SOLVED

Re: Creating New Lead on submissions

Go to solution
Oliver_Zosel
Level 3

Creating New Lead on submissions

Hi All,

Attempting to use this workaround​ for creating a new lead every time on submissions - we're working on moving towards the best practice, but in the interim we have a numerical field that needs to get copied when the lead is being created, but it doesn't appear on the created leads. We see other fields getting duplicated that are not part of the form, however. Has anyone been able to determine the fields that get carried over in this method of duplication/control the fields?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Interesting, there shouldn't be any datatype filter like that unless it's on the SFDC side.

How about creating the dupe in Marketo instead?  You can do this by posting a hidden, randomized Email Address value in the form, showing the lead the Email Address 2 or similar. Then in a Flow, Change Data Value the Email Address to {{lead.Email Address 2}}. Presto!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

Interesting, there shouldn't be any datatype filter like that unless it's on the SFDC side.

How about creating the dupe in Marketo instead?  You can do this by posting a hidden, randomized Email Address value in the form, showing the lead the Email Address 2 or similar. Then in a Flow, Change Data Value the Email Address to {{lead.Email Address 2}}. Presto!

Oliver_Zosel
Level 3

Hi Stanford, that makes sense! I'll give it a shot - my alternative was going back to API calls which would have been basic in the extreme.

SanfordWhiteman

Oh yeah, I think you'll like this a lot more.

Oliver_Zosel
Level 3

I found why the field wasn't updating - an errant update on the salesforce side messed up the mapping for the field between Contact and Lead, and the update had also removed Marketo's ability to write to the field.