SOLVED

Re: Creating Dropdowns in Marketo Form

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating Dropdowns in Marketo Form

Hi All,

I created a custom field of Type:String in Field Management. Now in a Marketo form,  I want this field to be as a dropdown. However, I am unable to find any option to do the same.

Can you guys help me out as to how can I set that field as a dropdown and fill that dropdown with some pre set values ?

Awaiting quick responses !

Thanks a lot !

Prabash Rath

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Try this:

1. Field Type should be Select
  2. Values should be edited to the options you want to display

Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 9.16.17 PM.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

That's great, thanks a lot !

Now, where can I go and populate that dropdown with some string values ? As in, if my field is country, on clicking the dropdown; some pre filled countries like India, China etc. are present for the use to select from ?

Thanks !

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Try this:

1. Field Type should be Select
  2. Values should be edited to the options you want to display

Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 9.16.17 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Stijin,

Thanks a lot ! its working great

Also, we want this dropdown field to be hidden. Is there any option we can do that ? As in a field type in forms that is both 'Select' and 'Hidden' ?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I cannot imagine, for the life of me, how "Select" and "Hidden" could be simultaneously true.

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

What you're looking for is the Visibility. You can turn the field invisible untill another field has a specific value.

Let's say you want to hide the Gender field untill someone gives in his/her first name. You can then set the visibility rules for the Gender field to only show if First Name is not blank.

Please note that if you want this to hide/show on a form on your website (not the MKTO domain) only if a certain value is known in the database you will need to have form prefill. The form will need to pull the data from your MKTO instance first to be able to judge if the value is known.