Created fields and cannot import to them

Anonymous
Not applicable

Created fields and cannot import to them

Good afternoon,

I made 4 fields in field management. These fields do not exist in our CRM so I do not have them synced. However, I want to add data to the fields via a csv list import. When I imported a list, on Step 2: Import Preview I cannot find the fields I created.

Am I missing a step here?

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_Johnston
Level 8

Re: Created fields and cannot import to them

Hi Amanda, it doesn't sound like you have missed a step.

As long as you have created a custom field correctly, Create a Custom Field in Marketo - Marketo Docs - Product Docs​, you should be able to see the field when you do a list import.

There are ways to make the fields hidden or blocked from updates, but it would require a couple extra steps. You can double check if your fields are hidden Hide and Unhide a Field - Marketo Docs - Product Docs or if you have it blocked from list updates Block Updates to a Field - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing the product docs! I set it up properly (according to the doc) so maybe ill call into support to see whats going on.

Chris_Johnston
Level 8

While you are waiting on them, the other thing you could do is "export field names" from the field management page to see if the field is listed there. It's a quick double check on the field creation and might help isolate the issue.

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 9.28.03 AM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

I figured out the error. You know what it was? I had white space in between the field name. All good now!