Re: Create a report on querystrings

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Create a report on querystrings

Hello,

I have searched on Community but couldn't find the answer.
Is there a way to report on all querystrings? Let's say we are using one MKTO LP and we are appending url with different querystring based on the url's location.
Is it possible to build a report that says : X conversions for querystring 1, Y conversions for querystring 2 and so on? Currently I'm running smartlists on each querystrings to get numbers but this is time-consuming!

thanks

Cécile @ Talend

3 REPLIES 3
Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Hi Cecile,

This sounds like an idea, if anything.

Marketo reporting is heavily focussed on what happens to a lead (lead visits web page), rather than what happens on the web page (web page visited by lead). This makes sense since Marketo isn't a (dedicated) reporting tool.

What you're looking for can be done by tools like Google Analytics for anonymous traffic, but also for known traffic. Take a look at this post on the Developers community: http://developers.marketo.com/blog/send-marketo-form-data-to-google-analytics/

If you have any questions, let me know. If you just want to vent, I'm here also

Stijn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cecile,

I think that what you are asking for can be done.  I certainly know that you can report on a query string (see below).  This is a smart list where I have added the criteria that they have visited a page, you can then click on the option "Add Constraint" to add criteria like query strings that may have been included when they visited the page.  I am not sure how well this would work with conversions but I believe it should work.

Querystring.png

Simon

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Hi Simon,

I know how to report on a single querystring (like you suggested in your screenshot) but I'm looking at having a break-down report with results per querystring (instead of having to run a smartlist for each querystring). Does that make sense?