Re: Create a new person record from details collected in custom Marketo fields

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a new person record from details collected in custom Marketo fields

I have an event registration process where we collect the primary registrant information and up to 3 guests for the primary registrant. If guest information is submitted, we would like to take the information (first name, last name, and email) which is collected in custom fields on the primary registrant's record and create new contact records.

Is there a way to do this in Marketo using smart campaigns? OR

Will this require either Marketo or Salesforce development work?

I considered a manual process where the primary registrant and guest details are added to a list, exported, and reimported but it's manual and is open to lots of error.

One other thought I had was using custom objects. I haven't used them from Salesforce before. Would there be a way to create a custom guest object in Salesforce which syncs to Marketo? If so, would that allow me to use fields from the custom object in a landing page for collection?

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You don't need to do anything on the server to accomplish this: a Marketo form can create more than one lead. This is how we create referrer programs, and I'm sure I've posted a(nother) demo here in the past few weeks.

One other thought I had was using custom objects. I haven't used them from Salesforce before. Would there be a way to create a custom guest object in Salesforce which syncs to Marketo?

COs won't help at all with this goal.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

An alternative is to use smart campaigns and to fire off webhooks to your own marketo forms endpoint while copying the data from your custom fields to primary fields