Re: Create/Update multiple tokens?

Erik_Heldebro2
Level 8

Thank you Sanford! Definitely helps out to hear from you if it's possible or not

Erik_Heldebro2
Level 8

Now I got a new thought from your JSON data for a single {{my.token}} comment:

Would the JSON data need to be added via API to a Script type token?

Then I'm guessing it would allow you to add this token into say a landing page to output the correct value in different places using JS?

For example if I had event data that was quite long to only be shown on a landing page (i.e. Agenda, About section with a few paragraphs), I'd be able to do this with the use case above using JS?

I'd love to minimize the number of API calls as much as I can 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Now I got a new thought from your JSON data for a single {{my.token}} comment:

Then I'm guessing it would allow you to add this token into say a landing page to output the correct value in different places using JS?

For example if I had event data that was quite long to only be shown on a landing page (i.e. Agenda, About section with a few paragraphs), I'd be able to do this with the use case above using JS?

I'd love to minimize the number of API calls as much as I can 

For a Landing Page, you'd use a Text {{my.token}}. So you need one of each type of token to have the JSON available in both contexts -- but still one 2 in total!

Erik_Heldebro2
Level 8

Thanks Sanford! So I was under the impression that a Text {{my.token}} had a shorter limit but it seems to support ~524000 characters. 

By the "one of each type of token" part, you mean velocity (script type) for email and normal text type for an LP?

Is this like this type of setup that you've written about: https://blog.teknkl.com/safely-embedding-json-in-a-rich-text-as-opposed-to-plain-text-my-token/