Create/Update Lead from External Form

Ellen_Trieu
Level 1

Create/Update Lead from External Form

Hi Marketo Community,

What is the best way to create/update a lead from an external form. This is the external form page: Scylla Cloud​.

When someone signs up on this page, I want to create a new record if the lead is not in Marketo or update the record and log the activity of filling out this form.

Thanks!

Ellen

4 REPLIES 4
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Re: Create/Update Lead from External Form

Hi Ellen,

You could try to do a background Marketo form submission when the record fills out the external form.

For reference: http://developers.marketo.com/blog/make-a-marketo-form-submission-in-the-background/

I am a little concerned about the password information you are collecting, be sure to ensure that you really need that piece of information in Marketo

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Floyd

Ellen_Trieu
Level 1

Thanks Floyd! I'll try that. We don't need the password in Marketo so I'm not going to include that in the background form submission.

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Good luck! Remember, you would need to ensure you are using the SOAP API names (and not REST API names) with this method.

Thanks

Floyd

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Also note you're going to need to integrate with the existing validation framework on this form. It's not a vanilla HTML form, so you can't just hook the native submit event or you'll be posting partial/invalid data to Marketo.