SOLVED

Create SFDC tasks from GTW webinars

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create SFDC tasks from GTW webinars

We currently use the GTW webinar connector with Marketo and it works for most of what we need to do. However, we create tasks in SFDC for the sales people using the questions that attendees asked during the webinar. This involves having to export the questions, matching the attendee with their SFDC ID, then using dataloader.io to add the tasks. Has anyone used the GTW adapter for SFDC and if so, would it work for this problem?  
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Create SFDC tasks from GTW webinars

We usually setup Marketo to handle this. You still have to import data, but it's not as complex:
  1. Setup a CSV with Email and Webinar Questions
  2. Upload to Marketo
  3. Have a flow that says "If Webinar Questions is updated, set a Task with {{lead.Webinar Questions}} in it and notify the salesperson.
  4. If you don't want a task, just drop Step 3. In this situation Webinar Questions will get overwritten each time. To create a history, see tip #7 http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/marketo-hidden-tricks-tips-1482/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We usually setup Marketo to handle this. You still have to import data, but it's not as complex:
  1. Setup a CSV with Email and Webinar Questions
  2. Upload to Marketo
  3. Have a flow that says "If Webinar Questions is updated, set a Task with {{lead.Webinar Questions}} in it and notify the salesperson.
  4. If you don't want a task, just drop Step 3. In this situation Webinar Questions will get overwritten each time. To create a history, see tip #7 http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/marketo-hidden-tricks-tips-1482/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh. I will give that process a shot. I believe at the moment we don't have a field for the webinar questions in Marketo but I don't see any reason not to create one and especially like the fact that it gets written over every time. Do you add anything to the values to indicate which webinar it's from?