SOLVED

Create One Report for Multiple Email Sends

Go to solution
Karyn_Hill
Level 4

Create One Report for Multiple Email Sends

Please pardon my lack of knowledge on this subject. The person who will be handling the analytics hasn't set up the reports yet or explored how Marketo analytics and reports work. Not her fault—she has been holding a department together entirely on her own for a few months now.

What my boss wants is a report that will tell her how many sends, opens, and clicks we've had for all emails pertaining to a particular event. This would be easy if we were using nurture campaigns or similar, but due to the nature of the events, we're pretty much stuck with just email programs right now. Many of them per event, all in one campaign folder. I can easily give her a report for each individual email program but she needs to see them all together. In Excel is fine. I don't see how to do that short of exporting each one as an Excel spreadsheet and then pasting them all into one. That's what I'm hoping to avoid. I had to do that with the last program we used and it wasn't pleasant.

Can anyone tell me a good way to get my boss the information she needs without driving myself bonkers?

Again, I apologize for my lack of knowledge in this area. I can make you a responsive email template with custom modules but I look at the reporting tools and get completely lost. And I don't have a lot of time to study up on it before she needs the report.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kevin_Weisenber
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Re: Create One Report for Multiple Email Sends

Hi Karyn,

Hopefully I am understanding your ask correctly. I would build an email performance report (can be done in marketing activities or analytics) under setup on the far right set the date range for your email sends you want to pull data from and also use the filter for marketing activities emails and select which emails you want to report on by double clicking it. You can select as many emails as you want. Once the report has processed under the report tab you can click the export to CSV. on the bottom of the page.

Alternatively it sounds like you know there are easier ways of doing this than manually selecting but one I might recommend depending on the emails you sent is to employ channels which you can then report out of.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kevin_Weisenber
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Hi Karyn,

Hopefully I am understanding your ask correctly. I would build an email performance report (can be done in marketing activities or analytics) under setup on the far right set the date range for your email sends you want to pull data from and also use the filter for marketing activities emails and select which emails you want to report on by double clicking it. You can select as many emails as you want. Once the report has processed under the report tab you can click the export to CSV. on the bottom of the page.

Alternatively it sounds like you know there are easier ways of doing this than manually selecting but one I might recommend depending on the emails you sent is to employ channels which you can then report out of.

Karyn_Hill
Level 4

That was amazingly easy! Thanks so much—you just saved me from losing a lot of hair. I can just choose the individual folder for each event; I don't even need to select each one individually.

You have truly made my day!