SOLVED

Re: Create Landing Page URL for Partner Tracking in events and webinars

Go to solution
Julie_Colwell1
Level 5

Create Landing Page URL for Partner Tracking in events and webinars

How do you create a unique landing page URL for Partners so you can track how many people they have driven to a landing page or webinar? I know you can probably clone assets and just change the URL, but I was wondering if there was a better method. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Julie Than​ we use specific utm parameters for them to use, and then set up a smart campaign that looks for "partner driven leads". Using our utm naming convention, we create the LP, then at the end append parameters specific to that partner (ie pages.optimizely.com/webinar?utm_source=partnerb)

We then have hidden fields in our form, like utm source, and make that field populate with URL parameter option:

pastedImage_0.png

Then we set up a Smart Campaign that looks for "filled out form, referrer contains utm_source=partnerb" and add them to a list!

It sounds tricky, but if you have a template that already has the hidden fields set up, it's super easy:

Step 1:

Create fields = utm_source, utm_medium, utm_campaign (text field is fine)

Step 2:

Create a form that you will clone over and over. Add utm fields, hidden, into that form, and use URL Parameters to populate it.

Step 3: create LP with form, and then use the URL builder to set up your custom partner LP url.

Step 4: specify partner to use that LP for tracking purposes.

Step 5: create a smart campaign that looks for: Filled out Form. Add Constraint, Referrer contains "partnerb" or whatever will be populated in that field.

Does that make sense? It sounds tricky at first, but it is SUPER easy once you get the hang of it!

Let me know if that helps, and if you need more clarification!!

I also know a lot of people just create clones of the LP with a new URL for sake of mind. While it may be tedious, it may just be more convenient for you to do!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Julie Than​ we use specific utm parameters for them to use, and then set up a smart campaign that looks for "partner driven leads". Using our utm naming convention, we create the LP, then at the end append parameters specific to that partner (ie pages.optimizely.com/webinar?utm_source=partnerb)

We then have hidden fields in our form, like utm source, and make that field populate with URL parameter option:

pastedImage_0.png

Then we set up a Smart Campaign that looks for "filled out form, referrer contains utm_source=partnerb" and add them to a list!

It sounds tricky, but if you have a template that already has the hidden fields set up, it's super easy:

Step 1:

Create fields = utm_source, utm_medium, utm_campaign (text field is fine)

Step 2:

Create a form that you will clone over and over. Add utm fields, hidden, into that form, and use URL Parameters to populate it.

Step 3: create LP with form, and then use the URL builder to set up your custom partner LP url.

Step 4: specify partner to use that LP for tracking purposes.

Step 5: create a smart campaign that looks for: Filled out Form. Add Constraint, Referrer contains "partnerb" or whatever will be populated in that field.

Does that make sense? It sounds tricky at first, but it is SUPER easy once you get the hang of it!

Let me know if that helps, and if you need more clarification!!

I also know a lot of people just create clones of the LP with a new URL for sake of mind. While it may be tedious, it may just be more convenient for you to do!

Julie_Colwell1
Level 5

This is awesome! Thank you Allison, although I have one quick, maybe dumb question: What does UTM stand for?

Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI. I moved your post to the Products and Support

Anonymous
Not applicable

comes from google, check it out: Do You UTM? – Google UTM Tracking Explained | Internet Marketing Source Blog

urchin tracking module