Create Duplicate Leads via Webhook

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create Duplicate Leads via Webhook

Hi,

Trying to implement the following create duplicate process via a webhook here: https://nation.marketo.com/blogs/marketowhisperer/2015/10/06/the-5-coolest-webhooks-ive-seen-and-or-...

Getting an error in my campaign that calls the webook.

Error code I receive is a 302 on this url http://localhost/index.php/leadCapture/save

Any ideas on why i'm getting this?

22 REPLIES 22
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Create Duplicate Leads via Webhook

Did the dupe work? Did you adjust the ID#s to be for your instance?

Since that's a standard 302 error, perhaps Marketo disabled the use of localhost.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing has worked thus far. I can't get passed a successful workflow with the Webhook.

I changed the munchkin ID to my instance and added in my form id and all. We use workspaces and partitions and i even created this in our workspace which has visibility to every partition lead.

Ive been trying to reach Marketo support via phone, but it appears they're having issues with their own lines. I'm getting kicked out of the queue and live chat support is unavailable.

I'm hoping this is a temp glitch. I feel people are in for a world of hurt if they can't use localhost.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The /save endpoint returns a 302 to the Thank You URL. That should not affect the outcome.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thank you Sanford Whiteman​. I'm working with Marketo support. My webhook needs further investigating. I do indeed see it being called on the lead, but leads are not being duplicated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

To update, support has not been able to resolve the issue with me. We ended up testing out this URL http://app-sjg.marketo.com/index.php/leadCapture/save which support gave me and we got the webhook to execute, but no "new" lead was created as what the post expects us to have completed.

Anyone else out here got this to execute properly to create a new lead?

SanfordWhiteman

Can you post the Webhook config, please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically its a normal form payload, but I'm writing to a custom field called emailAddressTemp. From there, my understanding from the initial post was that a lead would be copied and a workflow would be needed to just re-populate to the Email Address to make a valid lead. This is where i'm dropping off.

Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 4.00.18 PM.png

SanfordWhiteman

Are you sure there is no lead created (never mind the email address changing in the flow)? If you search by lastname, you see nothing? If you create a form with the core fields (lastname, EmailAddressTemp), embed it in an LP, and post it, you see no lead?

Anonymous
Not applicable

In my secondary flow where a smart list includes trigger "Lead Created" with filter email address = empty and email temp address = not empty I end up pulling in what i'm thinking are the new leads. What happens next is that the lead who ran through the flow has email address temp copied to email address via the token. When I click on the leads name to view its details, it say No Lead Exists.

So that leads to me that yes, the lead was created, but is just not visible. I'll try the form embed with fields last name and email address temp.