Re: Create Duplicate Lead in SFDC

Michelle_Tang3
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Create Duplicate Lead in SFDC

Hi there! I am trying to create a new lead for a specific landing page upon form submission. In the flow step, I have sync lead to SFDC and assigned it to a Lead Queue, however, a new lead doesn't get created. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Is that feature not available anymore?

6 REPLIES 6
Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Michelle, Yes this feature is definitely still available. This could be one of many issues.

1. Your subject line says "create duplicate lead in SFDC". are you saying a lead who is already in the system and already in SF is filling out the form, and you're wanting that person to be synced to SF? If so, marketo will recognize the person is already in SF and simply change the lead owner to the lead queue. It's not (for good reason), going to make another lead.

Michelle_Tang3
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Yes we want it to create a New Lead (duplicate of the existing record) in SFDC. I swear this worked in the past where if they exists already, a new lead will get created if assigned to a Lead Queue. Was that never the case? Any recommendations for workaround?

Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Michelle, first and most importantly, I'd advise against any reason you'd like to create duplicate leads in the system.

If you're going to continue, my advice would be to use a different type of form that posts directly to SF rather than through Marketo.

Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Michelle, would you mind marking my answer as correct? Thank you!

Gursimran_Chand
Level 4

I echo Paul. It's not ideal to create duplicate leads. Fixing duplicates will hurt you in the long run.

If anyways you want to do, you can use Zapier to connect your form with SFDC. Example, Zapier that will connect Gravity forms to SFDC.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No need for any intermediate tiers or other software here. A Marketo form can be used to create leads using the SFDC Web2Lead endpoint.

Of course this is only for the rare case when duplicate leads are a well-thought-out and necessary feature.