Re: Create 2 leads with 1 form

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create 2 leads with 1 form

I'm looking for a way to create 2 leads with 1 form. Visitor submits their information along with their financial advisor's info and then we send both information about our products. So far I haven't figured out how to create a new lead based on the secondary (advisor) email address. Maybe not possible?

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jason Lepes​ I would look into using lead partitions and workspaces. I know that creating lead partitions where someone qualifies for both will created duplicate leads!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. Just read an overview and I'm not sure that's gonna solve. These records will be related but not duplicates.

Record A (consumer) will have a field that holds record B (advisor) email address AND there would be 2 unique marketo lead records. I need to figure a way to create that second record.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There may be a way to do it using the REST API. I know that by default you can create leads in Marketo without worrying about de-duping. We learned this the hard way when we set up a our Marketo hooks wrong in a form and created dupes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can achieve this using Marketo web hooks.

So when the form is filled, Marketo will create a new lead

In addition to that you can add a flow action and invoke a web hook that will submit 'a marketo form' behind the scene, this time with the advisor's email address and details.

See the thread at Re: Webhook to Create a new Salesforce Lead.

Rajesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Rajesh - I will test and let the group know how it turns out.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's perfectly possible to do this with a single form, no webhooks or API calls.

If you search the Community you'll (hopefully) find my recipe from maybe a year ago that shows how to submit a form twice, once for each email address field.  If not let me know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now to find that recipe lol

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jason,

If you find it, please post the link

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I think this is the thread (from -- yikes -- a full year ago) I was remembering and the recipe.