SOLVED

Country Required for List Import

Go to solution
Kim_Gandy1
Level 7

Country Required for List Import

Can you make "country" field required for list imports?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Country Required for List Import

Hi Darell,

I would not play too much with alerts on this. It you import a file with 10000 records and 2000 countries are missing, you will receive 2000 alerts and probably seriously overload your mailbox doing this. Sure way tp make a good friend of your email admin

Rather use a smart list  "person was created", source type is file import and subscribe to it.

-Greg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Kim,

No you cannot. However, you can setup an alert to let you know when this happens.

Trigger lead is created, source type is import, country field is empty.

And then have the alert go to you so you know it needs to be fixed.

Side note: I have created an import template that all marketing users use when they are importing that has all the required fields, this helps a lot.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Darell,

I would not play too much with alerts on this. It you import a file with 10000 records and 2000 countries are missing, you will receive 2000 alerts and probably seriously overload your mailbox doing this. Sure way tp make a good friend of your email admin

Rather use a smart list  "person was created", source type is file import and subscribe to it.

-Greg

Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Ah yes Grégoire Michel​, good idea, that is way better.

Mark_McGourty
Level 2

Can you run any type of script on distinct country or country by group.  Task is to try and understand how many records in MKTO instance are from GDPR regions.  I am afraid running the Smart List off of Country code may miss some records that were inputted differently but do relate.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This sounds like a different question, Mark, and you should open a new thread if you want to open discussion on it.

For now I'll say you can't do a fuzzy/regex match, nor a "group" match and keep your sanity, without calling a webhook.

Kevin_McMahon1
Level 5

We too have an import template that our Marketers use for all imports. We make the column headers red for fields that we require for all imports. They understand this and we haven't had any issues.

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Kim,

I know this is one of these frustrating things, but maybe look at source data quality - it is the old garbage in garbage out issue

The other thought might be to upload the data via a CRM that does allow you to enforce mandatory fields rules and have it pushed to Marketo via integration.  We've adopted this approach successfully using Zoho and Marketo.

Regards

Jo

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

You could also set up a smart campaign that listens for person was created via list import and country is empty.. and delete the lead as the flow step.