SOLVED

Country L Field on Form - Can't Select United States

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Country L Field on Form - Can't Select United States

I'm using a Marketo form with the field "Country (L)." It is a required field. When I try to select the United States and submit the form, I get a "This field is required" error. I am able to select all other countries, just not United States. Any ideas?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Country L Field on Form - Can't Select United States

That's most likely your problem.. with a picklist, the first option isn't really an option. It's more like instructions of what someone should do. Prefill isn't a problem, but you need to have something before the first option, as shown below. 

0EM50000000ShBn.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Susan, is United States an actual option, or is that the very first option that you replaced "Select" with?
Anonymous
Not applicable

United States is the first country in the list and it is also auto-populating in the form.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

That's most likely your problem.. with a picklist, the first option isn't really an option. It's more like instructions of what someone should do. Prefill isn't a problem, but you need to have something before the first option, as shown below. 

0EM50000000ShBn.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Dory!
Nyota_Peek1
Level 2

Not sure if you are still experiencing this issue, but we are and we have a value before the first value, but upon submit Country field clears and we get the message "This field is required." even though the field has been populated.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Link to your page?