Correction MT pipeline in RCE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correction MT pipeline in RCE

Hi,

we have a campaign that didn't fill in Acquisition program/date automatically. I back filled it to ensure that the lead shows as FT created Opps etc rather than MT created by adding the initial creation date and acquisition program.

I now have the problem though that it shows BOTH as FT created Opps/pipeline/revenue won AND MT created Opps/pipeline/revenue won. Any idea how I can remove the MT attribution? It's not a lot of leads, so a manual work around is fine.

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

Re: Correction MT pipeline in RCE

Hi Anissa,

Do these opportunities influenced by only one campaign?

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Anissa,

You can use the change program success flow step to alter the date of success to change the MT attribution.  When the success date is before opp creation, it will not attribute MT revenue won.

Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

Hi Kenny, Is the success has to happen after or before  the opportunity created in order for it not to get attribution? I thought the attribution will be given to the program that reached success before the opportunity is created and/or opportunity was won.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

MT attribution has two modes, one success is reached before Opp open date, and one between open and close date.  When success is before open, attribution is given to the program for "opening" metrics such as Pipeline Created, while success between open and close date will award the "winning" metrics, such as Revenue Won.  The design is to give different attribution metrics for programs which are good at creating opportunities and ones which are good at closing existing ones.

Lucho_Soto
Level 5

Kenny Elkington I've heard mixed comments about the "Change Success Date" step. Is it actually possible to backdate a lead's success date in a program so they can get MT attribution even after an opp has already been added to Marketo? I spoke to another Marketo user with the same question and she was told by Marketo support that this wasn't possible.

This is an issue for us in tradeshows. By the time Marketing can get their hands on the list of tradeshow leads, many of them have already been added to opportunities via our CRM and it's too late to give MT attribution to the tradeshow. "Change Success Date" would fix this problem if it works.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Yes, this is exactly the purpose of the flow step.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, just one campaign. Thanks Kenny! I will try that. hopefully it works.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Curious why this matters to you - the FT attribution is the key part that is missing when Acquired By or Acquisition Program is not accurate. MT is based on success point and the Program will always get credit for Opps created or won where the lead(s) had a Success.

@Kenny, I'm confused by what you said because the docs I have say the opposite:

Credit for an opp is divided equally among the programs that have successful touches on a lead through the pipeline. Success before Opp Creation gets Expected Revenue and Won credit. Success between Creation and Closed Won gets Won credit if it closes-won.