Re: Cookie variable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cookie variable

see this article - http://www.firstdigital.co.nz/blog/2015/07/22/retrieve-traffic-sources-data-without-google-analytics...

we're trying to receive source/keyword data etc into a hidden marketo cookie form field, but our developer is having trouble setting up this code on our website - does marketo offer anything similar?

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

That code is pretty janky (I wouldn't use it) but you aren't specifying what isn't working. It should fundamentally do what it advertises.

Marketo does not have an equivalent function built-in. Marketo Forms can, however, populate hidden fields from the cookies set by this function: any form field set to type 'Hidden' can be Autofilled from a cookie.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm told that Tag Manager doesn't allow this Tag to be published: -

issue.png

Would you be able to assist with some code that would work? I'm getting told I should have chosen Hubspot instead of Marketo because it has better ROI tracking for ad words - how best can I solve this problem using what I believe is the better tool?

SanfordWhiteman

Interesting, the GTM question may be one of code quality. I guess the easiest thing to do is to touch up that code to get it working in GTM. We have a comprehensive JS library built for this stuff but I'm not allowed to circulate it.... yet.

If you contact me offline (sandy@teknkl.com) we can get it working and come back to update the thread.

Anonymous
Not applicable

any update?

SanfordWhiteman

I'm still bound to not publish anything, but you might hear from someone else soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

haha ok! My problem now is just to save the gathered info, the form.vals() will not save it for some reason..

SanfordWhiteman

See the other thread.