SOLVED

Convert program to engagement program

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Convert program to engagement program

Hi all,

We have a roadshow event program set up in Marketo that has members in various statuses from invited to registered.  As the event comes closer and speakers and sessions are finalized, we have sent out several emails to our DB promoting the event (with many list suppressions that vary from week to week due to communication limits and other campaigns).

Mid way through this promotional period, I've come to the realization that it would be MUCH easier for this program to be an engagement program.  There is about another month and a half of promotion left, so I would like to save myself some trouble and turn it into an engagement program.The program could manage each event update email and send people, when they're free to be sent to, the next email in the chain that they have not received.

So my questions are these: is there a way to easily transfer my program into a 1-stream engagement program?  I don't feel confident in just dragging and dropping the program directly into the stream. And I don't want to have to clone and re-set up everything.  But, if I do clone and re-set up the program, will the engagement program know what emails people have already received?  How can I keep people with the correct status (Registered, Pre-registered, Invited) if I don't want to add those statuses permanently to the engagement program?  Would it be better to just stick out using individual smart campaigns for each week's send?

Thank you very much in advance!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Convert program to engagement program

There is no simple way I'm aware of to transition your program to an engagement program unfortunately. It would be a manual build out of the new engagement program, then running some batch smart campaigns to transfer leads and their program statuses.

Also you would need to move (not clone) the emails to the new program in order for the engagement program to recognize them as the identical email and not resend it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no simple way I'm aware of to transition your program to an engagement program unfortunately. It would be a manual build out of the new engagement program, then running some batch smart campaigns to transfer leads and their program statuses.

Also you would need to move (not clone) the emails to the new program in order for the engagement program to recognize them as the identical email and not resend it. 
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You would also have to create a special Engagement Channel Type with event statuses instead of the regular ones.

Perhaps in the future you can do two programs:
  • Event Roadshow to collect people.
  • Engagement to run all the emails
but I wouldn't bother unless you have dozens of promo emails here. You would also have to set your engagement to NOT be in reporting because it would double count things.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a feeling transferring everything was the only way - but moving the email rather than cloning is a very good point.  Guess I'll just have to decide which is less painful!  Thank you both.