Re: Convert form embed script to iframe?

Stephanie_Harr1
Level 1

Convert form embed script to iframe?

Hi!

I am a brand new Marketo user coming over from Pardot. In Pardot forms are embedded using iframes and the "Embed" code for that is automatically generated. I notice that with Marketo we only have scripts... 

Does anyone know if converting the scripts to iframes is possible? If so, how might you do it? 

Thanks!

Steph

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, IFRAMEs are a step backward in every way.

You can use a Marketo LP with a form as the src of an IFRAME. But I would never advise this because it's an immediate loss of functionality that you then need to build back up using JavaScript.  What's the exact problem with the embed code?

(Note there's no such thing, in or out of Marketo, as an IFRAME that doesn't have its own page. You can't put a form directly in an IFRAME. A form goes on a page and the page goes in the IFRAME.)

Stephanie_Harr1
Level 1

Hi Sanford, 

Thanks for your reply! I am using the form on our website not a Marketo LP. In my previous experience with Pardot the "Embed form" code was already set up as an iFrame that I simply had to place in a field on one of my webpages. 

So not a problem per se but my developer for the website had already figured out a good way to embed with the iframe option we had in Pardot and thought that depending on the web browser and inserted script might be interpreted as a security breach. He thinks there is probably a way to do it but will have to research. 

It sounds like from what you are saying Marketo does not have that option and we should figure out the best method with the embed script they do have.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Thanks for your reply! I am using the form on our website not a Marketo LP.

I understood that completely. You asked if you could embed a Marketo form on your website without using the JavaScript embed code, and the only way to do this would be to create a Marketo LP that has the form on it. Then embed that Landing Page as an IFRAME.

Because there's no such thing as an IFRAME that doesn't point to a document (page). IFRAMEs embed whole documents in other documents, always (this is not a Marketo thing, it applies to every website/app in the world).  Sure, the embedded document may be empty except for a form, or might not have any visible content at all. But it still must be an entire document.

...and thought that depending on the web browser and inserted script might be interpreted as a security breach.

Sorry, but that's simply absurd.

He thinks there is probably a way to do it but will have to research.

The way to do it is by pasting in the code Marketo provides.

Stephanie_Harr1
Level 1

Ok. Thank you for your help! I appreciate your expertise on the matter.