SOLVED

Conversion tracking from embedded form on Marketo landing page

Go to solution
Andy_Penkalski
Level 2

Conversion tracking from embedded form on Marketo landing page

Our team recently switched from relying heavily on Marketo's landing page designer to building all of our landing page content in Dreamweaver. It was originally the plan to still drag and drop any forms to the page in the designer, but Marketo's landing page designer doesn't place them very well with our handful of @media rules in the code. Because of this, we opted to embed them. However, Marketo's analytics tool isn't recognizing the conversions from the embedded form. The form also isn't recognized by Marketo on the landing page's summary page in the design studio.

I can view anyone who completed the form via smart list, but it would definitely be preferable to still have this info pull into the "landing page performance" report for the sake of making our weekly tracking easier. Does anyone know if there is a workaround to get this embedded form info to pull conversions into Marketo's analytics?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Conversion tracking from embedded form on Marketo landing page

Hi Andy,

Not, there is no possibility to get custom LP's in the landing page performance reporting.

You may want to consider using Google Analytics to track page conversions, instead of Marketo.

Last remark: Marketo guided landing page templates enable a good designer to do absolutely anything you want. Are you using them or are you still using free-form landing pages template (which, from your post, I think might be the problem)?

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Andy,

Not, there is no possibility to get custom LP's in the landing page performance reporting.

You may want to consider using Google Analytics to track page conversions, instead of Marketo.

Last remark: Marketo guided landing page templates enable a good designer to do absolutely anything you want. Are you using them or are you still using free-form landing pages template (which, from your post, I think might be the problem)?

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Andy,

with regards to guided LP, have a look here: Guided Landing Page Templates - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I echo Greg's sentiment exactly. The ability to track page performance is crucial for members of our team, so utilizing Marketo pages was a must (not to mention easier in the long run).

The guided landing page templates are extremely flexible and have allowed us to create a variety of templated layouts that scale to exactly our needs. when building them I didn't encounter any styling issues (media queries included) that couldn't be remedied. Working with a developer to create some great page layouts with this is  ideal in the long run, and of course, allows you to track page performance.

One thing to mention as well, is that if you are having issues with form styling specifically, don't forget you can edit the custom form CSS within a form itself (vs targeting it in your landing page's CSS). We do this and have a few formatted forms saved as "masters" that we clone into any program we need, ensuring we always have the proper stylings on the forms we use.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Michael,

Although what your solution works well, on a large org with multiple users, I prefer to add the form styling to the page templates, in order to make sure everyone uses the exact same styling.

-Greg