Re: Contact hit our lead score but did not MQL

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

Contact hit our lead score but did not MQL

We have a contact that hit our lead score a few times but has never MQL'd. We cannot seem to figure out why and looking at our flow steps everything is in line? Any ideas on what is going wrong.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

8 REPLIES 8
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tara,

The first thing I would think of is that the lead does not qualify at the same time for all the filters that go with your trigger. The secong one would be to check the qualification rules are "run through the flow every time".

In order to make debugging these things easier, I recommend that you create a smart list in your program with all your filters. Check the lead is in this smart list. Then in the smart campaign, you just need to replace all the filters with a "member of smart list" one.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

To build upon what Greg mentioned - this is often referred to a race condition.  Basically if the filter/field values are not available to Marketo at the exact same time as when the trigger executes, your campaign will fail.

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

I have checked all the sources listed and everything is running properly. Running through the flow everytime and qualifying for all filters that go with the trigger. The trigger is the behavior score, which has nothing else tied to it elsewhere?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Just out of curiosity, what was the Lifecycle Status of this lead when it reach 30 points?  I'm assuming it's not one of the eleven.  And when did the lead fill out one of the ten forms?

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

It was MCL then went to MEL and has not hit any of the other statuses listed in the filter

Will Never Buy

MQL

SAL

SQL

New Customer

Customer Nurture

MQC

SAC

SQC

Won Upsell Opp

Lost Upsell Op

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tara,

Are you in a multi partition / workspace instance? If so, could it be that the lead is in a partition that is not linked to the workspace in which your MQL campaign is?

-Greg

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

No we are not in a multi partition / workspace instance.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tara,

Then this leaves the race condition. If this is the case, the only way to fix it is to remove the filters from the smart list in your smart campaign and handle exclusions with flow step choices in the flow, and also maybe increasing the 5 minutes wait to 10 minutes.

I would start with simply removing the filters and changing the lead score, ans see whether the lead is being ran through the flow.

-Greg