Re: Contact Role Requirement Opportunity

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact Role Requirement Opportunity

Hello,

Since Marketo is looking at everything as leads across the board (SFDC), I need to a solution for being able to make a contact role within an opportunity required.

We need this requirement, because we are nurturing opportunities.

What is the best way of doing this?

Thanks
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be a Salesforce-side requirement, not a Marketo one. I haven't been able to figure that one out either....We just run a monthly report of opportunities without contact roles, and scold the appropriate sales team. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Naor,

That is what I figured! I just wanted to double check.

Nice recommendation 🙂

David
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also remove the New Opportunity button from all but the Contact record.  Then when the Opportunity is created at a minimum at least 1 Contact Role will be defined.  This has helped our compliance greatly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey David,

Our SFDC admin spoke of an App that you can have installed in SFDC that requires Contact Roles on Opps. Our organization declined to pursue it so I don't know too much about it, but maybe something you can ask your SFDC admin about!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jeff,

Do you know by any chance what the name of the App is?

Thanks for everyone's input.

David
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Naor,

I noticed you said you ran monthly reports on optys that don't have contact roles. Do you do this in Marketo? And could you either type our or send me a screenshot of how you set that up?

I'm probably being too hopeful, because I'm pretty sure Marketo doesn't provide reports on accounts or opportunities, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask -- just in case I'm missing something.

Thanks!
Melissa

Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Hi David, this is the app that you can use to validate if there are contact roles within the opportunity: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000025Vs1EAE (you'll need to know your way around Apex code language if you want to customize it).

Melissa, I'm not sure if you can get this reportin Marketo, but I found this discussion in SFDC community that explains how to create this report in SFDC: https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gyIgAAI

H
ope that helps

Itay