Constraint for expired reminder emails?

John_Westley
Level 4

Constraint for expired reminder emails?

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to NOT send someone a "week before" reminder email if they register after the week before date has passed.

For example:
  • Event Date: 3/27/2014
  • Week Before Reminder Email: 3/20/2014
  • Desired action: Skip sending Reminder Email
Here's how I have it setup right now:

0EM50000000RWOG.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Constraint for expired reminder emails?

I think that using this choice for flow step 4 should do the trick:

If Program Status is Roadshow > Registered
Email: Do Nothing

Default Choice: 03/27/2014 Nashville Elevate.Elevate Week Before Reminder Legacy v2
John_Westley
Level 4

Hey Caleb thanks for the reply.

Wouldn't your constraint choice make it so no one receives the email? Since the first step is to Change Program Status > Registered. 

Or are you proposing adding the constraint once we are within a week of the event?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry John, I didn't read your question correctly the first time around! (Is it 5 yet??)

It looks like you have it set up correctly. I honestly haven't used the wait step with "Until" very often, but I don't see why your setup wouldn't work.

If you really wanted to be safe, you could create a batch campaign to send the email out on the 20th to anyone who is a  Roadshow > Registered member of the program.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever figure this out?

It sounds like you had your reminder campaign setup as a trigger campaign and you could simply change it to be a batch campaign (that way the email is only set out once).
John_Westley
Level 4

Hi Grant, yes that is what we ended up going with.