Re: Constantly finding faults with Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Terry,

Thanks for your response. I can completely empathise with you - I have had nights where I'm in the office past 9 pm, just trying to do the most simple thing in Marketo with tears in my eyes from frustration because I can't get it to work properly. Now the email editor has changed, and things aren't appearing in my inbox the same way they do in the editor, and on a whole, it has been radio silence from them since complaining about this.

While it is nice to know I'm not alone, it's horrible to hear that so many people are having this identical experience - and still, Marketo are doing nothing to remedy it!

It is a shame that you have had to extend your launch pack and hire outside help just to get the product working - it really shouldn't be that way, and I'm digging my heels in because I refuse to pay extra to just get it to do what it says on the tin.

Hoping things improve for you soon! x

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you considered using Infusionsoft? I had success with them in the past working with a different company? https://www.infusionsoft.com/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I did look at Infusionsoft, but wasn't impressed with their features, and really, really couldn't stand the American surfer-bro voice everyone there had. They couldn't answer any of my questions, and just sounded high every time I spoke to one of them. I know that's a silly reason to dismiss a solution, but I couldn't bear it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also experienced many bugs. Marketo does not have the font that is in our branding guidelines, the email templates are aligned improperly and the CTA buttons are having problems now too. The account manager I work with is often unresponsive and I have to send many reminders. Campaign Monitor was much easier to use and the analytics features were easier to explore and refer to as well.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

If you're looking for a platform to simply send emails, then yes! By all means! Campaign Monitor is a better platform. But, if your company is in a position where they need a true marketing automation platform, then you really do need something more advanced -- and Marketo is a front-runner in the MA space. They will all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Also, as far as fonts, are you referring to landing pages or emails? For emails, Marketo only uses standard fonts that will render well across all email clients. This is not unique to Marketo. For landing pages, you can use ANY font, as long as you reference it.. There are a ton of questions on this: Using Fonts in Marketo Landing Pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jenny, as Dory mentioned, the font thing is annoying, but not unique to Marketo - it just keeps your emails uniform across all of your recipients, as you can't control what fonts they'll have on their computer...  I have had issues with the email template alignment and the CTA buttons not appearing properly, for example, long rectangle with rounded edges in the editor, square with sharp edges in my actual inbox...

Sorry your account manager is rubbish - just keep hounding, it's the only advice I can offer!