Console says, "Munchkin is not defined" on Marketo landing page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Console says, "Munchkin is not defined" on Marketo landing page

I've got a guided template (see attached) that I've used to create a landing page. The first time it loads, it tries to submit a hidden form. If the form submit succeeds, the user is shown a pdf in an iframe. If the form submit fails, the form is displayed in a lightbox over the top of the pdf. All of this works fine in Firefox an Chrome on Windows 10. However, when I load the page in Firefox on a Macbook Pro running OS X Yosemite, the console displays a message stating that Munchkin is not defined and the form is always displayed, no matter what (there should be times when it is never displayed because of a successful auto-submit). It surprised me to see a JavaScript error like this since it's a Marketo landing page hosted within our Marketo instance.

I am making use of jQuery to hide validation messages at certain times, and I thought perhaps the issue could be addressed by defining a noConflict instance of jQuery and using it to execute those hide statements, but nothing changed when I tried doing this.

The Marketo instance where I'm having this issue is running the beta munchkin code.

Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Console says, "Munchkin is not defined" on Marketo landing page

HI Charles,

First thing, I would try to disable the Beta Munchkin in the Treasure Chest.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion but the issue persists even with the Beta Munchkin feature disabled.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Pls provide a link to or MHT of the page as rendered in OS X Firefox. Can't do much with a GLPT that doesn't even include Munchkin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I've just exported an MHT file as well as a copy of the source copied from Firebug after the page was rendered. They're both now attached to the original question.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Are you running with Firefox's Tracking Protection enabled?  This will block Munchkin.  It's enabled by default in Private Tabs in latest FF.