SOLVED

Re: Connecting Nurture Campaigns with Salesforce

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connecting Nurture Campaigns with Salesforce

Hi Marketo --

We're currently setting up our nurture campaigns in Marketo, and we're looking for advice on how we should connect these to Salesforce. How are you setting up the Salesforce campaign? What statuses are you using? How are you determining the actions of each individual email in the campaigns? 

Also -- does anyone have any good resources on this? I searched around the community and web for help, but came up empty handed.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

--Stephanie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Stephanie,

We usually use 3 member statuses in nurturing program channels :

• Targeted (as soon as the lead enters the program)
  • Engaged (as soon as the lead has started to click)
  • Converted (as soon as the lead has filled our the form of one gated content that we include in the program).

We usually set a mix of non gated and gated contents in a program, hence the difference between Engaged and Converted.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Onto your nurture program select its view to be "Summary" and you can directly sync it up with your SF campaign the way you usually do for your default programs or events. Status for the SF campaigns would be same as you have in your Nurture channel. SF Member status maps to Marketo Channel values.

If you want to keep a track of lead for each of its status I would suggest to create a new channel first. Now within your nurture program create program with channel you just created.

Now you can create individual campaigns to track all the leads who have clicked/opened/unsubscribed from your email. Make sure your email assets are part of the program, this might help you in reporting.

Thanks

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Stephanie,

We usually use 3 member statuses in nurturing program channels :

• Targeted (as soon as the lead enters the program)
  • Engaged (as soon as the lead has started to click)
  • Converted (as soon as the lead has filled our the form of one gated content that we include in the program).

We usually set a mix of non gated and gated contents in a program, hence the difference between Engaged and Converted.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I've written about this alot actually.

Greg has the right idea, but I go a bit further:

• Entry - who and how they enter. These people get a status like Member
  • Goal - what is the point of the nurture? MQL? SQL? something else? They get a status like Reached Goal
  • Exit - this is for other reasons like Unsubscribed, Invalid, did not reach Goal.

Marketo also recommends putting each email in a Program so the individual touch is recorded and that would mean assigning each Program to an SFDC Campaign too. Depends a bit on how granular your attribution system is.