Confusing notification under the My Marketo tab

Anonymous
Not applicable

Confusing notification under the My Marketo tab

Hi, 

I keep getting the notification below in Market but when trying to find this field under the Opportunity Object in Salesforce it doesn't exist. What does this mean?

Thanks!

Error in Salesforce Sync

Could not complete your Salesforce sync

Why: The following required fields are hidden from the Salesforce sync account (ourmarketouser@ourdomain.com): 

Object Field
Opportunity AccountId

What to do now? 
Edit the visibility permissions in Salesforce for the required fields.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Confusing notification under the My Marketo tab

Your Marketo SFDC User must be able to "see" the AccountID field on the Opp record.

While Marketo should not need to use that, since it can't write to that field, it probably does need it to understand how to show Opps in Marketo.

If you can't see it in SFDC, perhaps there is a permission issue for you? Are you a SysAdmin?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

thanks for your reply. Yes I am Sys Admin in SFDC and I cannot see that we even have a field called Account ID on the Opp record 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dido here on the contact object.  I've enabled full visibility to all fields on contacts yet am still getting this error >_> Probably going to have to tolerate support for this. 
Taylor_Enfinge4
Level 2 - Champion Alumni

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm encountering the same issue and can't seem to find where this field is located.

Kelly_Clarke
Level 1

I just spoke with Salesforce support and you need to create a custom field and get the AccountId field value. The AccountId field is not visible in the opportunity that is why you need to create a custom field. I was able to achieve this by having a call with Salesforce support and they walked me through how to do it.

However, although it is now displaying the AccountId field in the opportunity object and Marketo has both read and write access to the field, i'm still getting that error and cannot figure out what is going on. Does anyone have any insight into what to do at this point?