Re: Configuring Campaign Stats in SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Configuring Campaign Stats in SFDC

Currently, we look at all email campaign stats in SFDC (such as email opens, clicks, delivered, etc.) We use Marketo program statuses to calculate these stats. For example, if a lead opens the email in Marketo, the program status is changed to Opened. We then have a formula set up in SFDC to display the correct stats in SFDC based on program statuses for each campaign. With this in mind, we are trying to implement something like the following...

We have a default program we use to send emails. A lead can run through this program multiple times if they qualify (The email creative is constantly changing so they will not receive the same content twice). We would like to set up two campaigns for this program in SFDC, one campaign would report on the stats for the 1st time a lead was sent the email, and the second campaign would report on stats for all repeat sends. For example, if lead A ran through the campaign once, there stats would be shown in Campaign 1. If they ran through the campaign a second time, their stats would be shown in campaign 2. If they ran through a 3rd time this would also be shown in campaign 2, and so on.

What would be the best way to calculate these stats in SFDC for this scenario? A lead cannot go backwards in status and can only run through each status once, so the way we are currently calculating stats in SFDC would not make sense if the lead ran through this program multiple times.

Separately, if a lead was added to Campaign 2 multiple times, would their stats be averaged out? Or would the stats be overridden every time they are added to this campaign?

3 REPLIES 3
Ronen-Was-SRpro
Level 7

Hi Bethany,

The first step you should check that the program is not synched with SFDC campaign, then you need to create two SFDC campaigns with statuses that include (click, send)  whatever suits you. In Marketo, you need to create a set of smart campaigns that in the flow they will include: Add to SFDC program or Change status in SFDC program, according to the rules that you had till now. In this way leads that got the 1st email will be shown in the first campaign and leads that got 2nd email or more will be shown in the second campaign. 

In our opinion, the stats will be overridden and not averaged out.

Ronen Wasserman
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Ronen!

My concern is the following. I was planning on creating two sets of smart campaigns to change the program status for the original send and recycled send. The first set of smart campaigns would be use to change the status for the original send, and the second set of smart campaigns would be used to change the status for recycles sends. If a lead is sent an email more than 2 times, they would qualify to run through the second set of smart campaigns to change status. My concern is a lead cannot go backwards in statuses and can only run through each status once (i.e if a lead clicks an email, and then opens it, the status would not go back to opened). So, If a lead clicks the campaign the second time the email is sent, but the third time only opens the campaign, he could not go backwards in status for that email to "Opened". This would cause an issue in what we are trying to achieve. In addition, we only allow leads to run through these status smart campaigns once.

I understand how to set this up for the first and second send, but after that, I am not sure how to calculate stats if they are sent the campaign more than 2 times because a lead cannot go backwards in status and can only run through each status once. Please let me know any other suggestions you have!

Ronen-Was-SRpro
Level 7

The statuses in SFDC can be changed freely with no limits unlike the Marketo statuses, however, the fact that the leads are running through the campaign only once is the issue here. Consider running them through the campaign more than once.

Ronen Wasserman