Complex Snippet/Segmentation smart campaign rules - easier solution?

Jamie_Rodger
Level 3

Complex Snippet/Segmentation smart campaign rules - easier solution?

Hello everyone,

** For TLDR: Can you create a triggered smart campaign that launches off an Opportunity field update/change - but ensures that the dynamic message is only related to that triggered opportunity - if you also have segmentation based off another opportunity field, and leads/contacts may have multiple opportunities? **

I am running a complex smart campaign that requires dynamic content injection.

In our system, we trigger a smart campaign when an opportunity field hits a specific code. This campaign sends an email based on that code. Based on the leads segmentation, which is based on a different opportunity field, we further change the content of that message with snippits.

There is a pretty glaring error with this method. We have leads with multiple opportunities, each opportunity with a different status code, however they can only be in one segment, whichever is first in the list. So the program will fire and send the wrong snippet.The lead is matching a status code trigger on one opportunity, but gets the content snippet of another opportunity because of their segmentation.

I know one way to fix this is to create a multitude of smart campaigns, with filter/trigger criteria saying if the segmentation is x, and status code is x, send the message. However the point of this campaign was to try and limit the amount of smart campaigns. 

I have also though about creating a field that signifies a primary opportunity, and having segmentation match the opportunity with primary status, then setting up the smart campaign to trigger on the status code change, but only on opps with this primary field indicated. However this seems like a complicated procedure that I would like to avoid if possible.

Is there any other method that I could use to make sure the message only matches to the opportunity the triggered the smart campaign? Is the idea to send this way just flawed in general? I would love any feedback/general discussion.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Complex Snippet/Segmentation smart campaign rules - easier solution?

Could you combine your Primary Opp Code with a Status code and then create a bunch of corresponding Segments?

You can have up to 100 segments, if that's enough.

Unfortunately, it is hard to identify Opps in the way you need.
Jamie_Rodger
Level 3

Re: Complex Snippet/Segmentation smart campaign rules - easier solution?

Hmm, you are saying that, instead off having my segmentation just be based on the Opportunity Field, to create segmentation that looks at that Opportunity field as well as the Status Code. Then just replicate it for the amount of status codes we want to trigger off of?