Re: Compiled Fields becoming too long to update

Matt_Reenstra
Level 1

Compiled Fields becoming too long to update

Hey everyone, 

I'm running into an issue where some of our leads with more activity than others are reaching the max character count for text boxes in the Lead Database. For instance, we have a Compiled Interesting Moments field where we keep track of all of a leads Interesting Moments to date. Because we have reached the max character count of that field, it will no longer update for the user with new Interesting Moments.

Has anybody else run into this problem and have a possible solution? Trying to think of a way to archive all of the info to clear out the text box in both Marketo and SFDC.

Thanks,

Matt

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, what does "archive" mean? If you mean completely offline, then you can do a Bulk Extract using the API and then clear the field.

But I suspect you want something more delicate. To prune the field when it's about to overgrow, you could pass all updates to a webhook and have it keep only the latest N items that fit in the field.

Matt_Reenstra
Level 1

We essentially want to keep all the data online as long as it stays in Salesforce. If we were to pass all updates along to a webhook and have it keep only the latest N items, would we lose the oldest Interesting Moments in SFDC? I think the webhook route is the way we'll need to go though.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If the field is trimmed, then that propagates to SFDC as well.

Of course you could have multiple fields, then the webhook can decide when to overflow into bucket 2, bucket 3, etc.