Re: Comparison between Marketo and Sitecore for Email Automation

Suzy_Lee
Level 2

Comparison between Marketo and Sitecore for Email Automation

Hi everyone,

Has anyone done a research to compare sitecore's marketing automation function with marketo?

I recently had a demo with Sitecore and it seems their email functions are pretty comprehensive. However, I've never used sitecore for emailing yet.

Any experience or insights you have?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Rachit_Puri2
Level 7

Subscribing to this thread.

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Suzy Lee ,

It really depends upon what are you looking to accomplish. Are you looking to use a solution primarily as an Email service provider, or are you also looking to utilize advance Marketing automation functionalities like Lead nurturing and scoring? Depending upon your requirement, each option would have its own Pro's and Con's. Below is an article detailing the comparison, reviews, Feature rating, pro's and con's - Marketo Vs Sitecore

Hope this helps.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That TrustRadius review is pretty dated. Sitecore has come a long way over the past couple of years to bolster up its marketing automation capabilities (it offers much more than just email capabilities). Here’s an example of how one would create a campaign in Sitecore (Create a marketing automation campaign ) - you’ll notice that Sitecore uses a campaign canvas for the overall flow - similar to Eloqua. There are many other documents to peruse on Sitecore’s online documentation site I provided a link for.

We use both Sitecore (website CMS and personalization) and Marketo. Along with MS D365, we have a tightly integrated environment, leveraging the strongest capabilities of each.

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Dan,

I agree. Each one would most certainly have its own strong and weak points. And thats a great used case you have where you are leveraging the strongest capabilities of each. But I think when it comes to choosing, it really boils down to the sort of requirements that they have. In a situation where 1 has to be chosen, which one would you recommend?

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

For design and execution, Marketo. For reporting and analytics, Sitecore. Here are some of Sitecore's email dashboards:

Overall dashboard for all emails:

pastedImage_0.png

Campaign-based dashboards:

1194E78AC64D43E3AC84496738892B88.png

24E60560BDC5439790D6553137CBCB5D.png