Re: Company API disabled

Anonymous
Not applicable

Company API disabled

Hi, I'm getting this error when I try to get or post companies thru the REST API

Company API disabled

Can you tell me how to solve this?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You should move the question to Products  "Community" is for issues with the Marketo Nation (this website) itself -- and yes, this is confusing.

The Company API is disabled if you have a CRM integration (if you search the Products forum, you'll see this has been answered before).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to your suggestion. I already moved it to products.

I have Salesforce integration, but if I disable it, nothing happens. Do I have to do anything else for that change to take effect?

Thanks

SanfordWhiteman

You mean you just disabled the sync? That's not the same as not having an integration.

Are you planning to disconnect from SFDC? This isn't generally recommended, as Marketo is immensely more powerful when a CRM is available. It seems like you'd be reinventing the wheel (and not a very good wheel) if you're already using SFDC.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

+1 on Sanford. Just stopping the sync will not reactivate the company API and separating from SFDC is a huge work with more drawbacks than advantages.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

What you are trying to say is that there is no other way for me to create companies from the API?

Why do you allow for lead creation and not for company?

Do you have any workarounds?

Thanks

SanfordWhiteman

You create Companies using the SFDC API (or UI). Otherwise, the Company records would not be actually connected to People in Marketo (it would be an isolated database of company data, with no useful purpose).

Amrendra_Kumar
Level 1

Hello Sanford,

I was just playing around with APIs and synced account with sfdc for testing purpose. Now i am getting API disabled error. I want to rollback my changes so that i can work with these APIs. Can you please suggest what to do now?

Regards,

Pratibha

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Once you've synced with SFDC, it is a permanent bond and disabling the sync is simply "pausing" the sync, not removing it. You need to file a support ticket to see if the SFDC sync can be permanently removed. This is not always possible. Worst case, you'll need to get a new Marketo instance.