SOLVED

Re: Companies blocking site due to Munchkin Code???

Go to solution
Karen_Black
Level 5

Companies blocking site due to Munchkin Code???

We recently added munchkin code to our support pages (this site uses a single sign on to access).  We were tracking perfectly fine until one of our customers complained that when they log in, the site uploads over 50kbyte.  That customer's IT department blocked their users from using our site.  Once the code was deactivated, it was under the 50KB limit.  Is this something that is common?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

.and it is gated so I would not be able to reference it.  I will keep this post open in case others chime in, but what you are saying makes complete sense to me.  Since lots of people use this on their sites, why would only one company in on country target it.

You could DM it to me in this case.

Anyway, yes, this doesn't sound like a rational decision.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

"Uploads over 50KB" doesn't make sense on its face. Munchkin only sends Visit Web Page and Click Link in response to deliberate user activity (it doesn't poll repeatedly in the absence of activity, or anything like that). Those hits are on the order of 500 bytes max on the wire.

I'd have to hear from the horse's mouth, if you will, what the IT department is actually measuring. There are objections people have to Munchkin, but "uses bandwidth" isn't one of them.

If you point to your actual page we could see if there's some misconfiguration that's causing an aberrant use of bandwidth. Munchkin doesn't do anything like that out of the box.

Karen_Black
Level 5

Thanks Sanford - I really appreciate your expertise!  Unfortunately we had to disable it for now...and it is gated so I would not be able to reference it.  I will keep this post open in case others chime in, but what you are saying makes complete sense to me.  Since lots of people use this on their sites, why would only one company in on country target it.

SanfordWhiteman

.and it is gated so I would not be able to reference it.  I will keep this post open in case others chime in, but what you are saying makes complete sense to me.  Since lots of people use this on their sites, why would only one company in on country target it.

You could DM it to me in this case.

Anyway, yes, this doesn't sound like a rational decision.

Karen_Black
Level 5

I have a meeting with my IT dept shortly.  If I can get the script with send you a message on it.  Thanks again!!!