Comment Capture Value Changed to Blank Space

Theo_Phan
Level 1

Comment Capture Value Changed to Blank Space

Hi all,

I'm having an issue where the data submitted in the "CommentCapture" field in a Marketo form is being changed to just blank space. When the Marketo form is submitted, the data initially pushes to SugarCRM via webhook and I can see it mapped correctly in the Notes field within SugarCRM when I view the record details initially. However, SugarCRM then runs a scheduler to update with the latest data from Marketo, at which point, it gets changed from the original data to now blank. When I go back into the SugarCRM record to check, the field is indeed blank because of the change on the Marketo side.

Below are screenshots from activity log:  

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

I've tried to block this from happening under the Admin > Field Management > Comment Capture setting but it doesn't seem to be working?

pastedImage_1.png

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Any insight on how to resolve this issue? 

I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions on this.

Thanks,

Theo

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Comment Capture Value Changed to Blank Space

The change is coming from the Web Service API (as you can see in the detail). So that is what you want to block. Note Marketo isn't doing this, it's the external connector.

Theo_Phan
Level 1

Thank you for the help, Sanford! I will block the API instead.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Also, it's better to open a Question, not a Discussion. Questions (like this one) have answers.

Theo_Phan
Level 1

Got it. I'll do this moving forward. Thanks again!