Re: Collecting stat from Bulk Import

Anonymous
Not applicable

Collecting stat from Bulk Import

Hi

I am sending multiple CSV file for Bulk Load and in the run window see the following information for the request:

[DEBUG]: org.talend.components.marketo.runtime.MarketoSourceOrSink - ClientService : Marketo REST API Client [https://XXX-XXX-XXX.mktorest.com/rest].

[DEBUG]: org.talend.components.marketo.runtime.client.MarketoBulkExecClient - bulkImport https://XXX-XXX-XXX..mktorest.com/bulk/v1/leads.json?access_token=xxxx-xxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx:ab&lookupF....

And the response as:

[DEBUG]: org.talend.components.marketo.runtime.client.MarketoBulkExecClient - rs = BulkImportResult{requestId='5db2#1651ee022e4', success=true, errors=null, result=[BulkImport{batchId=1644, importTime='null', importId='1644', message='null', numOfRowsProcessed=null, numOfLeadsProcessed=null, numOfObjectsProcessed=null, numOfRowsFailed=null, numOfRowsWithWarning=null, objectApiName='null', operation='null', status='Queued', failuresLogFile='', warningsLogFile=''}], moreResult=false, nextPageToken=null}.

I am gathering the stats in a table for each load and filename is part of that column. I had assumed that since I am sending a filename as the parameter for Bulk Load, when I get back the response, I can capture the response data elements for the same filename. But I do not see the filename going as an parameter and when I update the response stats based on the filename, I am not necessarily updating  the same filename record (when there are multiple ones).

As part of my design, I will have to collect this stats to see how many records per file we are sending and how many loaded and how many had warning and failures.

Any insights will be appreciated. Wanted to know what information can tie back the response to the request.

Thanks in advance,

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This is really a Talend question, not a Marketo question.  You won't be able to change the audit trail if you're using a fixed integration platform.  If you were building your own integration this would be possible.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What in the request parameter for Bulk Import is telling that the request is tied to a particular file.

I can check with Talend community, but this seems to me more like a parameters related Qs for Bulk Import - how do  I tie a request to the response.Need some direction.

Thanks

SanfordWhiteman

The batchID.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I send and get back a filename as part of the request and response. Just checking my options, since I want to update the stats based on a parameter that I have before I request and after I extract the response elements.

Thanks,

Soma

SanfordWhiteman

No, not based on your own parameter. The batchId is determined.by the server (this is overwhelmingly the case with any such system).