Code to toggle enabling full form visibility for progressive form

Anonymous
Not applicable

Code to toggle enabling full form visibility for progressive form

Hi there,

We want to add some JS that will allow us to show all required fields if someone clicks a "Contact Sales Now" check box in our progressive form. In other words, we want to make all otherwise-hidden progressive fields visible when someone is ready to get fast-tracked to sales. Has anyone found a way to do this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Code to toggle enabling full form visibility for progressive form

I am sure your web dev can handle this. Or find Sanford Whiteman's Github

You could also just use Visibility Rules with a regular Form.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yeah, this particular goal is much tougher than it sounds because of the way ProgPro is implemented: namely, that fields before and after the current set are not hidden, they are not rendered in the form.

In order to change the # of progressive profiling fields at form render time, you have to use a custom form descriptor.  And that in turn means you need a custom form initializer to read the descriptor.  Now, those tasks are not so complex. But if you want to (re)render the form based on the user checking a checkbox, that means reloading the entire form, which is when you start to add real overhead and not-so-awesome UX for the user.

Because of the above concerns, I recommend baking your own ProgPro implementation in order to enable this additional feature. This is actually very easy to do if it's a Marketo-hosted LP.  Ajax Union, is it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sanford,

Thank you for your informative answer!

At the end of your response, you mentioned that this would be very easy to do on a Marketo-hosted LP. This form is actually on a Marketo Guided LP, but I couldn't find an easy way to implement this functionality. Would you be so kind to point us in the right direction for baking our own ProgPro for this functionality?

Is there a script that would allow us to reload the form to show all fields in the progressive form? I couldn't find a function that would enable this.

Currently, I have a script that toggles between showing / hiding two different forms (the progressive form and a standard form that shows all fields) however management would prefer the same form for simplified lead tracking.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Best Regards