SOLVED

Re: Clone/Move assets across workspaces

Go to solution
Rohit_Gangishet
Level 2

Clone/Move assets across workspaces

Hi,

I noticed that I am not able to move or clone assets from the default workspace to a different workspace. I am an admin in my Marketo instance. I checked some of the older articles which said - clone the asset to a folder and drag-drop the folder to the target Workspace. However, I do not see this approach working.

I had Marketing User and Admin roles initially. I thought, this could be the issue as Marketo defaults to the most restrictive permissions when there are multiple roles. I got the Marketing User role removed and tried moving the assets but the issue still exists.

I would like to understand the reason for this - is it something to do with the updates in the product features or with the access level in the tool.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi Rohit,

You clone to:

- A different workspace

- A campaign folder (so not a program)

- Specify the destination folder (which is not part of a program in the destination workspace)

- Give your cloned program a name

So you do not select an existing program to add your folder to, but give the copy of your program to clone a new destination name.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Katja

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

I believe the assets need to be in a program in order to clone across workspaces. 

Rohit_Gangishet
Level 2

Hi @Nicholas_Hajdin . Yes, it is a part of the program. The destination folder in a different workspace is also a part of a program.

I am trying to clone/move a Form from one to another workspace. Are there different set of rules for forms? I am not sure!

Katja_Keesom

Ah, that might be the issue. You can not always add a program within a program. Have you tried cloning / moving it to a folder that is not part of another program?

Rohit_Gangishet
Level 2

Hi @Katja_Keesom .. I am sorry if I understood your response. While cloning/moving we are asked to select the destination program. I am not adding a program inside a program. I am trying to move or clone a form from one workspace to a different workspace.

Katja_Keesom

Hi Rohit,

You clone to:

- A different workspace

- A campaign folder (so not a program)

- Specify the destination folder (which is not part of a program in the destination workspace)

- Give your cloned program a name

So you do not select an existing program to add your folder to, but give the copy of your program to clone a new destination name.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Katja

Rohit_Gangishet
Level 2

Hi @Katja_Keesom , I am not sure if I understood you completely. I am trying to clone a FORM to a different workspace. Not a Program. Let me know if I missed anything here.

Katja_Keesom

Hi Rohit,

This post will help you for sure: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Marketo-Whisperer-Blogs/Cloning-and-Sharing-Across-Workspaces/ba-p/246...

Important comments there:

To move assets to a new workspace, put them into a folder and drag the folder over to the other workspace.

• Create a folder
  • Clone the asset to the newly created folder NOTE: Form names must be unique.  Append the asset name with the workspace name e.g. Content Form (UK)
  • Drag the folder to the appropriate workspace
  • Move asset to the correct folder within the target workspace