SOLVED

Clicks in Web Page

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clicks in Web Page

Hello,

I have a Marketo Landing page and within the body copy is an external URL. I would like to set up a smart campaign that when someone clicks this link on the landing page, the person is added to a specific SFDC campaign; however, when I attempt to set this up in the smart list, it says the external URL is not valid. I have done the same thing with an email (clicks external link in email) and it worked fine. The issue is clicks link in web page.

Does anyone have a solution, or knows of a successful way to go about this?

Thanks!

Danielle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Re: Clicks in Web Page

You actually have to go click it yourself at least once for it to appear in the auto-suggest list. Note that it can take a bit of time after you click it as well for it to appear. Then you should be good to use it moving forward.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Danielle,

Try removing the http:// from the start of the URL you're filtering on. That can break the filter. Also, both pages will need to have Munchkin tracking code on them to be able to have it recognized properly.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

You actually have to go click it yourself at least once for it to appear in the auto-suggest list. Note that it can take a bit of time after you click it as well for it to appear. Then you should be good to use it moving forward.