Re: Clicks Link on Web Page Trigger Returning Errors

Shayla_Wentz
Level 4

Clicks Link on Web Page Trigger Returning Errors

Hello,

Recently we launched a new website and I am now trying to update our lead scoring programs. When I try to update the "Clicks Link on Web Page" trigger in any Smart List it shows as an error in the Smart List and doesn't accept/recognize the links I have listed. The Marketo Munchkin code is inserted correctly on our website and is functioning properly so why am I getting this error/how can I resolve it?

Thanks!

Shayla

6 REPLIES 6
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Do you have an example of one of the links you're trying to input?

Also, just in case it's worth mentioning, the "Clicks Link on Web Page" trigger doesn't use http:// in front of the URL.

Shayla_Wentz
Level 4

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your reply. Here is a link example: www.key.net/-/media/files/white%20papers/wp_conveyor%20for%20food%20product_pdf.pdf

This has only been occurring since the launch of our new site and wasn't an issue with this trigger before.

Thanks,

Shayla

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

It may have something to do with the spaces that are rendering as %20 in the URL. Have you tried starting to type them each individually into the "Link Name Is" field to see how they might be rendering?

Shayla_Wentz
Level 4

Yes, but it doesn't seem to matter. When entered with the %20 in place of the spaces the error says the link is invalid and when entered as an actual space it gives me an error stating that the link cannot be found. Any ideas why?

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Not sure off-hand. I would try typing the URLs in, letter by letter, individually to see what (if anything) pops up in the results list. If they still don't show, I would contact Support.

KevinPonton
Level 1

Marketo doesn't like the %20. It's also not best practice to use spaces in URLs. Better to use the space character. Also, try to use Contains Logic verses Is. It's more scalable and offers an expansion of functionality once you get the hang of it and start to make naming conventions for everything your Instances Ops uses a higher priority. Good Luck!