SOLVED

Click link on website trigger - help setting up

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Click link on website trigger - help setting up

Hi all,

I am building a campaign and want to set up a smart campaign with a trigger that will work every time someone clicks on a website link and visits a landing page. The landing page has been built on Wordpress (not Marketo) so how do I make sure that the trigger will work? Do I need to add a tag or something?

Thanks,
Alexia
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Click link on website trigger - help setting up

Hi Alexia

Also since you have two criteria:

1 Clicks a link on a Website
2 Visits a Landgin Page

The trigger in the Campaign would need to be on the second action i.e. Visits Landing Page
You will also need a filter for the first action.

This is becuase you only want to trigger after they have completed the second action but also ensure that you filter for the leads / records that have also completed the previous action.

Rgs
Damien

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Alexia,

Usually I look at Visits Web Page. Clicks Link on Web Page is better for a PDF click.

1. Do you have munchkin on this website? If not, do that first.
2. The trigger will work if you put in the URL of the page(s) you want to trigger on. Sometimes this requires removing the "http://" or using "CONTAINS X" to get the desired result.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alexia

Also since you have two criteria:

1 Clicks a link on a Website
2 Visits a Landgin Page

The trigger in the Campaign would need to be on the second action i.e. Visits Landing Page
You will also need a filter for the first action.

This is becuase you only want to trigger after they have completed the second action but also ensure that you filter for the leads / records that have also completed the previous action.

Rgs
Damien

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys for your answers! How do I know if the website has a munchin code? If it does, does it apply to all pages on that website including any new I create?