Clearing Values from Multiple Value Chooser

James_Glavin
Level 5

Clearing Values from Multiple Value Chooser

Hi there,

We have a field that should only contain one of a list of specific data values. Due to some bad data practices this field was populated with a ton of bad data, incorrect values etc. I have cleaned up the data, but when I look at filters or flow steps referencing this field, in the multiple values chooser drop down some (but interestingly, not all) of the 'bad' values are still showing up as options. These values definitely don't exist in any person's record. Is there any way of clearing these incorrect values from the drop down, to prevent future data errors?

Thanks,

James

4 REPLIES 4
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Re: Clearing Values from Multiple Value Chooser

It's possible you haven't fully cleaned up the bad data. I'd do a full export of the database and use a pivot table to check all the unique values of the field.

James_Glavin
Level 5

Hi - thanks for taking the time to respond. I did double check this with a data export, and those values definitely don't exist on any record in the database, so not sure why they're showing up. Maybe they'll disappear in time...

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you're using Salesforce and this field is connected, it might be coming from there. There's a setting in SFDC where you can say 'if new values come in, update this drop down list'. I hate that option! I recommend that you restrict the list just to the values that you've put into the field itself, not into the records. Anyway, if you had that setting and new drop down options were put into SFDC via bad data in your records, even if you removed the bad data from the records, it could still exist in SFDC and might be what is causing your issue.

Rachit_Puri2
Level 7

These fields could be coming from Salesforce, or there may be anonymous records which may be having these old bad data values. Usually, the picklist shows values which are existing in our database.