SOLVED

Re: Choices in form fields

Go to solution
Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Choices in form fields

Can a lead qualify for multiple choices within one form field?

For example after a contact us form fill:
Choice 1: IF Is member = true (send alert to client services team)

Choice 2: IF Postcode area = AA, AB, AC, AD, AE (send alert to sales team 1)

Choice 3: IF Postcode area = BA, BB, BC, BD, BE (send alert to sales team 2)

I'm aware that existing members that qualify for choice 1, could also qualify for choice 2 as we will also have their postcode info already stored in Marketo.

If they are a member and their postcode = AA for example, will only one alert be sent (choice 1) with this being the first qualifying filter or will an alert go to both the emails in choice 1 and choice 2 as they qualify for both?

Thanks,

Ellie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Leads cannot qualify for more than one choice within any given flow steps. You will need to include multiple flow steps for this (as Robin suggests).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ellie,

Are you managing this within a trigger campaign? If so, you could add more than one Send Alert step in your Flow, as follows:

Smart List:

Trigger: Fills Out Contact Us Form

Flow:

1. Send Alert to Client Services team (no need for choices as everyone who flows through has filled out the form)
  2. Send Alert
    • Choice 1: If Postcode area = AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, send alert to Sales Team 1
    • Choice 2: If Postcode area = BA, BB, BC, BD, BE, send alert to Sales Team 2

Thanks,

Robin

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Leads cannot qualify for more than one choice within any given flow steps. You will need to include multiple flow steps for this (as Robin suggests).

Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Great, thanks both for clarifying - that’s the answer I was hoping for as I only want them to qualify for the first choice they reach in the flow step.

So if member = true (in choice 1) this will automatically send an alert to client services. All others will be treated as prospective leads and can be passed to sales based on their postcode region. I just wanted to make sure members wouldn’t qualify for both choices, so were at risk of being sent to both client services and sales.

Although the majority are prospective leads who fill in the 'contact us' form, we do get the occasional member which is why I want to add a filter to differentiate these form fills so they get allocated to the right team.