SOLVED

China Cybersecurity Law and Marketo Servers

Go to solution
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

China Cybersecurity Law and Marketo Servers

The China Cybersecurity Law requires entities that collect personal information from persons in China to obtain consents and to store that data on servers physically located in China.

I was just wondering if anyone knows how Marketo deals with this? If we market in Chinese regions and have people signing up for content and events from there do we have to have Marketo servers located in that region?

Has anyone else been tackling this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

Re: China Cybersecurity Law and Marketo Servers

Gerard Donnelly​  I spoke with our rep...Marketo has an entire legal and compliance team and a dedicated microsite for GDPR and I believe CSL--account reps do indeed have a lot of information to share around this which I am awaiting.   According to our rep Google does in fact have servers located in China as you know Marketo is joining forces with the Google Cloud.  I've asked our rep to get us some information right away to present to our compliance team.   We should look into setting up a meeting with a Marketo legal/compliance official and our people. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I'd ask your rep to find out from Legal.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Cheers Josh Hill​,

One of my colleagues is following up that side at the minute but I needed to try and get an answer today so was hoping someone here might have already spoke to someone about it.

I'll update once I have a definitive answer encase anyone else is curious.

Thanks,

Gerard

Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

Gerard Donnelly​  I spoke with our rep...Marketo has an entire legal and compliance team and a dedicated microsite for GDPR and I believe CSL--account reps do indeed have a lot of information to share around this which I am awaiting.   According to our rep Google does in fact have servers located in China as you know Marketo is joining forces with the Google Cloud.  I've asked our rep to get us some information right away to present to our compliance team.   We should look into setting up a meeting with a Marketo legal/compliance official and our people.