China Cybersecurity Law and Marketo Servers

Mabel_Chan
Level 1

China Cybersecurity Law and Marketo Servers

The China Cybersecurity Law requires businesses to store personal information from persons in China on servers physically located in China. How does this affect the way we have been storing our China contact information on Marketo? I am sure this affects many other businesses as well. Is Marketo compliant with the China Cybesecurity Law? Kindly advise.

Similar question have been posted and answered more than a year ago but i am looking for current updates. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
grachen_nvidia
Level 1

Re: China Cybersecurity Law and Marketo Servers which should be in priority to pay attention

Hi Marketo team,

This issue should be pay attention too because China made the draft of data privacy law public and we're concerning how marketo to compliant with it, and what's your actions and what it means to marketo users in China.

Hope to get your reply asap. Thanks.

Grace Chen

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Re: China Cybersecurity Law and Marketo Servers which should be in priority to pay attention

Hey @grachen_nvidia

Thanks for reaching out. Here's the response I got back from our legal team:

"Adobe has not approved the use of Marketo in mainland China. While legacy Marketo contracts did not originally have the express prohibition, all new contracts (and contract renewals) include the prohibition on using or accessing Marketo for China use cases. That being said, depending on the use-case, exceptions to this rule may be granted."

If you have any other privacy-related concerns related to Marketo Engage, please reach out to privacyofficer@marketo.com.