SOLVED

Re: Channels & Tags

Go to solution
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Channels & Tags

If I add new steps for a channel (progression steps) in Marketo, will it automatically add them to Salesforce or do I have to go into Salesforce and add the steps as well? I'd love it to be able to add them once and then not have to worry about it again.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amber,

Your new progression steps will automatically be added to your salesforce campaign even if the steps previously did not exist as long as you sync your Marketo program with your sfdc campaign. 

That's done through Program Actions > Salesforce Campaign Sync > Name of your SFDC campaign.

So many of my made up progression steps have been pushed to SFDC without having to create the same tags in SFDC.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe you'd have to change them in SFDC to match Marketo, or just use the ones you have in SFDC already and use the step "change status in SFDC."

I know we get very granular in our Marketo progression steps, but it isn't as important in SFDC. So we have things like "Webinar - No Show" map to "Registered" status in SFDC (we only have two statuses for our webinars -- registered or attended).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amber,

Your new progression steps will automatically be added to your salesforce campaign even if the steps previously did not exist as long as you sync your Marketo program with your sfdc campaign. 

That's done through Program Actions > Salesforce Campaign Sync > Name of your SFDC campaign.

So many of my made up progression steps have been pushed to SFDC without having to create the same tags in SFDC.

Hope this helps
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Good to know that you can start from Marketo first and set up the campaign with the progression status.  We usually associate campaigns to a parent campaign in salesforce, will we then be able to associate a campaign with progression status to a parent campaign in SFDC if we create it in Marketo first?
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't matter which gets created first. As long as you sync the 2 campaigns, all of the Marketo progression status should carry over into SFDC
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just one remrak there Bentzcular, if they will nto create those values in SF they won't be able to run reports over those statuses in Salesforce later on as the values Marketo provided are not part of the Multipicklist field in Salesforce.