Changing the template used by a Landing Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing the template used by a Landing Page

Hopefully this is an easy question, but I'd like to change the current template used by a Landing Page to a different template altogether.  How do I do that?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changing the template used by a Landing Page

Hey Jason,

Unfortunately, once you have created a page with a template it cannot be changed. The workaround would be to clone the page and select the new template in the creation wizard. Not ideal, but should work.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jason,
Another workaround is to replace the code of the current landing page template with the code of the new template. So you're basically replacing the current template with a new design. Once you approve this landing page template, all of your landing pages that are based on this template with go into a Draft format.

Review the Draft of the landing page you want to change the design for with the new template, modify any font placement etc, and then approve the draft of the landing page. This way your LP will maintain the same URL.

If you don't care much about maintaining the same URL as the original landing page, it's more risk-free to create a new template with the new design altogether and then choose this as the template for the cloned landing page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!

Kashmira

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kashmira! I was not aware of that option.