Re: Changing task "Type" when creating a task in Marketo for SF

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing task "Type" when creating a task in Marketo for SF

Hello,

Does anyone know if this is possible? Within my Flow, I would like to create a task but not have it default to "Call" as shown in my SF instance. I would like to be able to choose between things such as "Email" or "Demo" etc etc.

Can anyone provide any feedback on this?

Thanks.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Andrew,

This isn't possible from Marketo, but using Salesforce Workflow rules (you must have Enterprise Edition or above), you can make the change when the task is created. Here is a screenshot of something I created (but have not tested):

You could add a special word/phrase/number to the task subject or description and Salesforce will evaluate the record and change the type when it is created. 

Let me know if it works for you!

0EM50000000RJAF.jpg
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I can verify this approach works - I've used it before. You have to be disciplined when you set up your "Create Task" flow action and make sure that everyone who is creating tasks understands the key words they are supposed to use to trigger the SFDC workflow. I'd suggest a unique code rather than a word, and the key is to have the workflow trigger on CREATE only in the evaluation criteria as Jason as indicated here, not when Sales people do future updates.
Anonymous
Not applicable

In your workflow rule criteria you could also add the created by (name of your Marketo Sync user) filter so that tasks created by other users would remain unaffected.
Richard_Wasylyn
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Thanks for the comments, it's up and running the way we want. The workflow works perfectly.
Richard Wasylynchuk