SOLVED

Changing order emails engagement stream

Go to solution
Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

Changing order emails engagement stream

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with some engagement stream logic.

Q: Is it possible to change the order of nurture stream emails, without sending them twice, or not at all?

Scenario: I have nurture 1 stream, with 5 emails, in this order:

Email A

Email B

Email C

Email D

Email E

I have a lead, Jack, and today, he received email C. Thus email D and E are still to come in the next cast.

Now I'm changing the order of the emails (as I believe that this order actually makes more sense content-wise, so new leads will receive the emails in the right order):

Email D

Email A

Email B

Email E

Email C

What will happen with our existing lead Jack? Ideally, Jack will now jump to email D, and then to email E. And, he'll skip email C, as he already received that email.

Is this assumption correct?

Or will Jack only receive email E, and never receive Email D because it's put on top of the nurture stream?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Best,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Changing order emails engagement stream

Tom,

An engagement stream will not send out the same email from the stream to the same person more than once. So that means that if you rearrange the order of emails, at the next cast, the topmost email that has not been sent will be sent. At the following cast, it will skip the topmost email if that has already been sent and proceed to the next topmost email that has not been sent.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Changing order emails engagement stream

Tom,

An engagement stream will not send out the same email from the stream to the same person more than once. So that means that if you rearrange the order of emails, at the next cast, the topmost email that has not been sent will be sent. At the following cast, it will skip the topmost email if that has already been sent and proceed to the next topmost email that has not been sent.