Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Re: Changes to Marketo Salesforce Sync – Questions and Discussion

Anyone have a follow up to this?

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Hi Malik Zafar

Sorry if I missed it, but I'm not seeing a previous comment or question from you here. This discussion has gotten quite lengthy but I've been trying to catch as many questions as I can along the way.

Can you point me to it or ask it here again?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Hi Mike Sherwood

Essentially the steps you went through are correct. The big thing to remember is that the API name used to create these fields must be an exact match to the API names listed in the documentation here: Adding Custom Marketo Fields to Salesforce

You can use whatever label / friendly name you'd like as long as the API name is an exact match for the ones noted there. (You could call the new field "Hamburgers" and as long as the API name is correct, it would work just fine). The newly recreated fields on the SFDC side are user-defined, but when using the correct API name, they'll remap to the existing fields on the Marketo side. Those fields on the Marketo side are all system-managed, meaning that the names / labels showing there won't change at all. (Your Lead Score field won't all of a sudden be "Hamburgers", it'll still show Lead Score).

You're welcome to uninstall the MLM package and delete those fields once the new fields are recreated. They'll stop updating as soon as the new fields are recreated and essentially will be obsolete. It'd be a good idea to verify that the fields have been recreated properly first though. Check one of the fields in Admin > Field Management. Highlight one of the fields and look for the CRM Mapping in the middle of the page. If the field shows the new API name, you're all set because the automatic remapping worked. If not, it'll show the old mapping like in the picture here:

pastedImage_3.png

Last thing I'd suggest is to check everything out to make sure you avoid conflicts with other things referencing the old fields. Take a look at the doc here for more info on that: Changes to Marketo Salesforce Sync – Preventative Troubleshooting

Hope that helps!

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I just realised that my group open window was scheduled for November and I haven't made the changes/created the fields.

Can I do it now? or do I need to contact support to open another window for me?

Thanks.

Irene

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Hi Irene Garcia

Don't worry, go ahead and make the changes now. We're in the home stretch and have opened up to let everyone go ahead during these last 6 weeks.

Thanks,

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great

Thanks Mike!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mike again,

I've read and read about the prefix (mkto71_) in the API names and I'm still a bit confused.

The documentation to add fields to salesforce only show the details for 3 fields, and the Field/API name doesn't match with the ones I have in Salesforce. My fields prefix is mkto2__

Field Label

Field Name

Data Type

Field Attributes
Lead Scoremkto71_Lead_ScoreNumberLength 10
Decimal Places 0
Acquisition Datemkto71_Acquisition_DateDate/Time
Acquisition Programmkto71_Acquisition_ProgramTextLength 255

What happen with the other 13 fields, do I have to use mkto71_ for all of them? Is there any completed table with the 16 fields details (API name, data type, attributes...?

Thank you.
Irene

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Irene Garcia

The Adding Custom Marketo Fields to Salesforce doc actually shows all of the 16 fields, but it's broken up into two tables. The first one with the three fields you found are listed first up top just because they're the most commonly used and most needed ones. The rest are about halfway down in the doc in a second table. And yes, all of the new fields do use the mkto71__ prefix (it's part of what the sync cycle is watching for to know when the fields have been created and the backfill should be started). Let me know if you have any other questions at all!

pastedImage_0.png

--Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, sorry, I should have read the whole thing before asking.

Thanks for the help as usual

Regards,

Irene

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mike:

I saw this alert about the changes a while ago, and since we do not have MLM or MSI installed, I figured this didn't apply to us.

Can you confirm that we do not need to do anything with regard to this change?

Thank you much,

Ginger Tulley