Re: Changes to Marketo Salesforce Sync – Questions and Discussion

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, Dory - we aren't able to change the names of those fields in SFDC because they are part of the MLM package. How did you do it?

Denise

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Ahh, sorry.. I must have renamed the new ones, but wished I was able to rename the old ones!

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's unfortunate that SFDC doesn't show you the API names when you map fields!

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Hi Denise Greenberg​,

Looks like Dory Viscogliosi​ beat me to it.... and knocked it outta the park

I agree--use a different field name on the new ones so you can ID them easily while all the backfill stuff is going on. Once that's all done and you've removed the old fields, you can change them again if you'd like.

Thanks,

Mike

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Dory Viscogliosi... AKA, Addison Russell

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone - In this particular case, my client has a Sandbox instance of SFDC & of MKTO where any new fields have to be tested first. In that situation, you can simply look in Marketo to see if the right fields were mapped together. Yay for sandboxes!

temp.jpg

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Hi Denise Greenberg

Yes, all the same rules apply for sandboxes as they do in production instances. And yes, if you just go to Admin > Field Management and select the field like you have in the screen shot, you'll see the field's SFDC API name right there in the middle

-Mike

Diana_Dimitrova
Level 2

Hello Mike,

Is it possible to test the changes in Marketo and Salesforce Sandbox instances before the scheduled window?

Thank you and Kind regards,

Diana

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Hi Diana Dimitrova

You can definitely test this in Sandbox first. and depending on the size of the lead database, you can probably go ahead and do that now. If your lead database is the same size as your production instance, you may want to wait until your scheduled window to start, but most sandboxes only have a limited number of leads, so it won't be a problem to do it now.

Thanks,

Mike

Diana_Dimitrova
Level 2

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your reply. Meanwhile, I submitted a case with Marketo Support and here is their response: "There is no facility to apply the change first to your Sandbox as the script to be deployed was developed only for the production instance." Please would you confirm.

Kind regards,

Diana